A HSA is a tax-advantaged account that works with a high-deductible health plan to help you pay for current and future qualified medical expenses. HSAs are offered to qualifying individuals only in conjunction with a high deductible health plan (HDHP).
- Tax Savings – HSA contributions are tax-deductible, and earnings and eligible withdrawals are tax-free, as long as certain requirements are met.
- Ownership and Control – You own your account and decide how to spend your healthcare dollars.
- Convenience – You can use your HSA Visa® debit card to get instant access to your HSA and pay for eligible out-of-pocket health expenses. You can also use your checkbook to access the funds in your HSA.
- Portability – You can continue your account even if you change places of employment. Guaranty Bank & Trust N.A. will still be here to service your account.
- Roll Over – Unlike Flexible Spending Accounts with “use it or lose it” requirements, money left over in your HSA at the end of the year rolls over into the next year.
For more information about an HSA from Guaranty Bank & Trust N.A., please read the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Minimum Opening Balance of $50
- Interest-Bearing Account – Daily interest paid on entire balance.
- Unlimited Check Writing
- Free Visa® Debit Card
- Annual maintenance fee of $25 per year will be charged to your HSA on June 30th.
A complete fee schedule is available when you enroll.
*Refer to a tax professional regarding potential tax savings with an HSA account.