Protecting your personal information online is vital to Guaranty Bank & Trust. We go to great lengths to see that your transactions are confidential and secure.
The Internet Banking Service utilizes a comprehensive security strategy to protect your accounts and transactions conducted over the Internet. Prior to activating your access to the Internet Banking Service, our Internet Banking Department will verify your identity and authorization against information associated with the Eligible Account (s) that you request to be linked to the Internet Banking Service.
Your User ID and Password
One way your Online Banking transactions and accounts are protected is by your User ID and Password. Be sure to keep them a secret. Memorize them and if you need to keep a written record of them, store it away from your computer and do not carry it in your wallet. Make sure no one watches you enter this information. Remember to log off the Guaranty Bank & Trust Online site whenever you leave your computer. If your computer is left unattended with the browser running and your User ID and Password have been entered, anyone can gain access to your accounts.
Protect Your User ID and Password
- Protecting your User ID and Password is one of the most important things you can do to keep your information secure. Only you should know what your User ID and Password are. Here are some ways to keep this information secure:
- Do not share your User ID and Password with anyone else
- Make sure no one is watching you when you type in your User ID and Password
- Memorize your User ID and Password
- If you think you might not remember them, make sure that you keep a copy of your User ID and Password somewhere other than at your computer or in your wallet or purse
- Change your Password often and do not use simple words or number in sequence. It is a good idea to use numbers, letters, both upper and lower case, and symbols that are unique to you, but do not use obvious words and numbers, like a family member’s name and birthday.
- The servers hosting the Internet Banking Service have been certified by a Certificate Authority to assure you that you are actually talking to the Internet Banking Service instead of someone pretending to be us. By clicking on the lock within the Internet Banking Service, you can view the certificate to ensure it’s valid.
Filters and Firewalls - Internal procedures are in place within Guaranty Bank & Trust Online that includes a stringent system of filtering routers and firewalls. Filtering routers verify the source and destination of each transaction. Firewalls shield the bank's customer service network from outside sources. Through these systems, internal accounts are protected from outside access and the structure of the bank's internal networks is invisible to outside observers.
- During your use of the Internet Banking Service, our Internet banking Service Provider will pass an encrypted session cookie to your computer that enables us to process multiple transactions during the session without having to provide an Access ID and Passcode for each individual transaction. You must accept this cookie to use the Internet Banking Service. The session cookie is stored on your computer’s hard-drive, identifying your computer while you are logged on. The session cookie does not contain any personal information. When you log off, close your browser, or turn off your machine, the session cookie will be destroyed. A new cookie is used for each session; thus, no one can use the prior cookie to access your account. Our Service Provider also uses persistent or “permanent” cookies to identify this Institution and your computer as part of our enhanced security. The permanent cookies will remain on your computer’s hard drive until you clear cookies with your browser. If you do not accept these cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of the Internet Banking Service.
- We use multi-level authentication (or enhanced security) to help prevent unauthorized access to your accounts. As part of our enhanced security solution we may ask you to select challenge questions which may be used to help verify your identity in the event unusual login or transaction activity is detected. We may also send you a One Time PIN (OTP) which can be used to help authenticate your login or transaction requests.
Cash Management customers
- Cash Management customers are all issued a security token in addition to other measures for online banking customers. The security token generates an out-of-band one-time PIN.
If you would like to discuss all of our security measures, please contact the Internet Banking Department at (888) 572-9881.
Completely Exit Guaranty Bank & Trust Online
- Leaving your computer with your account information open even for a few moments can be dangerous. The best thing you can do before you leave your computer is to log out of Guaranty Bank & Trust Online by clicking the "log out" button. This ends your session and ensures that the next time you or anyone else tries to enter your account, they have to know your User ID and Password.
- New advances in security technology are happening daily, and Guaranty Bank & Trust is constantly evaluating its security architecture to ensure that it provides the most appropriate level of privacy and safety for bank customers.